2017 Fact Sheet
- EVENT: The Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS Championship is one of five majors of the year on PGA TOUR Champions for eligible professionals age 50 and over.
- 2016 CHAMPION: Bernhard Langer, 261, 1-over, six-stroke victory
- COURSE ARCHITECT: Tom Fazio, 1991
- FORMAT: Four-day, 72-hole stroke-play competition; 78 players, no cut
- PURSE: $2.8 million total, $420,000 to the winner
- TROPHY: Sam Snead Trophy
- WEBSITE: cspgolf.com
- TV BROADCAST: Golf Channel
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Facebook: /seniorplayers, Twitter: @seniorplayers, Instagram: @seniorplayers
HOST VENUE: “Designed by nationally acclaimed golf course architect Tom Fazio as a “golfer’s club” Caves Valley is one of the few clubs in America focused solely on golf and golfer’s needs. The course features 18 holes, each uniquely fashioned to suit the natural enviornment, as well as a comprehensive state-of-the- art pratice facitility which includes multiple practice ranges with sand bunkers, chipping greens and putting greens. The course became fully playable in July 1991.”
CHARITY: As a whole the PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions and Web.com Tour have generated more than $2 billion to charity since the first donation in 1938. The Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS Championship has generated more than $10.5 million for charity since 1992.
ECONOMIC IMPACT: It is estimated the Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS generates approximately $10 million annually in economic impact to the region through hotel, restaurant, transportation spending, other vendor and supply purchases, and state sales and income.
CONSTELLATION: Constellation is a leading competitive retail supplier of power, natural gas and energy products and services for homes and businesses across the continental United States. Constellation's family of retail businesses serves approximately 2.5 million residential, public sector and business customers, including more than two-thirds of the Fortune 100. Baltimore-based Constellation is a subsidiary of Exelon Corporation (NYSE: EXC), the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with 2015 revenues of approximately $34.5 billion, and more than 32,700 megawatts of owned capacity comprising one of the nation's cleanest and lowest-cost power generation fleets. Learn more at www.constellation.com or on Twitter at @ConstellationEG.